Sunday, 26 April 2015

Screen Printing With Children - Jane Foster

I spent this morning cutting paper stencils with my 7 year old daughter and then screen printing her designs onto bags and fabric with her.  It was smashing  - I love spending time with her doing this and we both get very excited by the results! (she was so exhausted, she had to have a large hot chocolate and sit down after!)
The process is quite easy - draw a simple design, cut out with a craft knife or sharp scissors, lay the various pieces on to a blank silk screen and then screen print!

These methods will be shown on my beginner screen printing courses.



















3 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

What wonderful results! Screen printing always looks such fun, Jo x

Eloïse... said...

Great idea ! I'm going to make screen printing workshops with kids and I was thinking about an easier way to screenprint with children... You give me the answer !
Thanks ! Just a few questions: what kind of paper did you use and for the eyes of the sun, how did you do (glue ? ) ? Thank you !

Kristy Geddes said...

Your work is gorgeous Jane! I'm new to screen printing and was confused as to how you had eyes etc in the middle of a face. I see here you have them on the screeen. Do you mind me asking how you do it i'm really curious.
Thanks
Kristy